Monday, April 15, 2013

In The Beginning...

Yesterday, while mindlessly scrolling through Facebook, an acquaintance's share caught my eye. Something like "60 things to do for a strong marriage". My mind must have churned on that for the rest of the evening - even as I laid awake 5 hours past my bedtime. I want a strong marriage. I want a Christ-centered marriage. I want to challenge myself to make my marriage grow.

I wondered if I could come up with 365 things to do for a strong marriage. Or if I could do one really out there thing each month. Then I wondered about how trite and forced that might seem, but a (hopefully) wise voice inside me said "sometimes you gotta fake it till you make it, right?"

Not that I would totally be faking anything. My husband and I love each other and we never fight (although we have our disagreements and frustrations). We are just fine, but are we missing out on "great"? I want to give my husband the best wife I can be - not a mediocre one!

Then I got to thinking - I know there are other women like me. We can learn from each other and encourage each other. We can challenge, uplift, and comfort each other. And so a blog was born...

An excellent wife is the crown of her husband,  But she who shames  him  is like rottenness in his bones. (Proverbs 12:4 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment